A busy life is a good life.
“Asked about Geithner’s comments and his decision regarding opening the discount window to Wall Street after Bear had been sold for $2 a share and not earlier, Jimmy Cayne (Bear Stearns CEO) became spitting angry. “The audacity of that prick in front of the American people announcing he was deciding whether or not a firm of this stature and this whatever was good enough to get a loan,” he said, “Like he was the determining factor, and it’s like a flea on his back, floating down underneath the Golden Gate Bridge, getting a hard-on, saying, ‘raise the bridge.’ This guy thinks he’s got a big dick. He’s got nothing, except maybe a boyfriend…It’s just that for some clerk to make a decision based on what, your own personal feeling about whether or not they’re a good credit? Who the fuck asked you? You’re not an elected officer. You’re a clerk. Believe me, you’re a clerk.” —The House of Cards
List: Things I enjoy
- Wine/mojito/beer after work-Sometimes you just need it.
- Strengthening my body-I would say that excluding the summer filled with bicycling in Cbus after I graduated, I am truly enjoying physical exercise for the first time. This is probably because I sit all day at the office desk and it feels good to get moving afterwards.
- Kopiko Coffee Candy and C1000 Vitamin Lemon Candy
- Sweet potato chips/sweet potato fries/sweet potato in general :)
- Reading and having the time to read…even if it’s somewhat related to my work
- Learn to play the guitar-I ordered like 5 books on guitar playing from the library and am currently downloading a video on beginner guitar. Goal 1: “Oh Susanna” by the Be Good Tanyas
- Run 10 minute mile and do 30 minute 5Ks on the treadmill-I’m getting there…slowly. Ran 20 minutes straight a couple days ago. The main things is, I want to improve my cardiovascular system